UR Day Seven & Eight . . .

So, I’ve been a little MIA lately. I promised to post daily about my UR journey and I haven’t done that, so I apologize. I’m here now, though 😉

Day 7 was Tuesday. The first week of the ultimate reset was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The only thing that’s been REALLY difficult to kick a habit of, is eating gum right before bed while watching TV. I HAVEN’T given in to the craving/habit, so there’s a gold star for me right there – but boy – it’s hard. I used to tell myself that it’s not REALLY candy, it’s gum and you don’t swallow it…but, excuses, excuses. It was a TON of unnecessary sugar right before bed that my body and teeth really didn’t welcome. I don’t chew the sugar-free minty gum – no no no. It’s yummy sugar-filled Double Bubble or Super Bubble. But, I’ve got two tubs next to my bed I haven’t touched in 9 days, so, winning!

Day 7 was the last day I had (not really had, but chose) to repeat foods. I’m really sad the zucchini-cashew soup and southwestern veggie tacos aren’t on the menu for phase two – I REALLY enjoyed those dishes!! But this week looks pretty tasty, too, so we’ll see what’s up!

I’ve been doing the 3 week yoga retreat combined with the UR and it’s going all right. I’m not a fan of yoga, I never have been. While in treatment, we had yoga class a few times a week and I just couldn’t get into it. It frustrates me that you have to go so slowly, then breathe nicely though the movements and “be in the moment” – I’m not like that. I’m constantly thinking of 15-20 different things at a time, while moving around and doing something. I’m not the type of person to sit, either. I feel guilty, like I should be doing something. I’m always anxious and all over the place — and this is exactly why I need to embrace this 3 week yoga retreat. Ever since my father died, I’ve become a very different person – full of a lot of anger and resentment – I never used to be like that, but taking away the one person that means the absolute world to you, can do some crazy things with your mind and personality. However, I owe it to my husband and my children and MYSELF, to become a more in the moment, less angry person. I need to let go of some of the control I harbor and just let things be as they are. When I find myself thinking about, “what am I going to make for dinner?”, “are the kids still sleeping?”, “is Khloe going to be a crazy little human today?”, etc., while doing yoga, I take a deep breath (you know, the ones I hate to do) and start listening to the instructors voice so I can go through the movements and come back to the moment. Although, today, a different person was leading the group, Faith was her name, and she was just TOO calm for me, hah. I almost didn’t get my yoga in today because Kenny woke up late, so I woke up late, Khloe was starting to fuss (but thankfully went back to sleep), I wanted to take a shower before taking the kids to school…. but I did it and told myself I can take a shower after I drop them off. So, yay for that.

Day 8 was yesterday, Wednesday. It was the first day of new foods to try. On Tuesday, I went to get my phone fixed (you know, the one I left on the roof like the smart person I am) and it took nearly 6 hours of waiting. It felt like an eternity and it royally screwed up my grocery shopping trip, my meal planning and my meal prepping. So, Wednesday was hard for me. I woke up early, and got my yoga in early, and wanted to start trying to move my schedule to a more normal time of eating meals. Because of how the UR is set up, you need to wait certain lengths of time before taking your supplements and/or eating your meals/snack. So, it’s hard for me to get my last meal in before 9pm. And because I wasn’t able to go grocery shopping before Wednesday, I had to do that before I made my lunch for Wednesday. Moral of the story – it’s REALLY hard to keep a strict tight schedule without meal planning and prepping ahead of time. Prepping and planning are two key things for me staying on track. I noticed even with the 21 DF and CDF, I needed to make my meals AT LEAST the night before, so I could just grab them out of the fridge and go about my day. With three kids, a husband, maintaining a home, running errands, making appointments, etc., planning is everything. Time is important and pretty sacred in this house.

For breakfast, I had 3 cups of fruit. This phase, we’re taking dairy out of the mix, so now it’s completely vegan. I was a vegan for a few years, and a vegetarian for over 20 years, so, this really isn’t that difficult for me. Although, I do miss the tart yogurt that went with the sweet fruit for breakfast. I made a fruit salad of blueberries, strawberries and honeydew melon. I ate that while I made my grocery list and meal plan for the next 4 days. I’ve never really been a fruit fan, but I’m really starting to dig the way the fruit is tasting. It’s really weird, but my taste buds seem to be changing and things that typically didn’t taste good to me, taste really good. So, that’s always a win.

For lunch, I had sweet potato and red pepper bisque with a Greek salad (1 head romain lettuce, 1 medium cucumber, 1 medium tomoato, 1/8 avocado and Greek dressing I made per the UR guide). No pine nuts this time. This salad was easier to eat for some reason. I don’t know if maybe it was because the yogurt was taken away from breakfast or what, but, I’m glad I didn’t have to suffer through it though, hah. Salad is probably my favorite food – grilled chicken on top of salad is just the bees knees. But, I’ve had enough salad to feed an army the last few days. Like, seriously. It’s insane. The bisque was DELICIOUS! I’m glad it’s an option for lunches and dinners. I like it a little thicker than what it came out to, but that’s okay. The taste is spot on. I roasted red peppers on my grill and then boiled sweet potatoes, added veggie stock, and my goodness – yummy! This bisque also doesn’t leave you feeling full and bloated – but it definitely tastes and feels like comfort food.

I did my vegan chocolate shakeology with 1/4 avocado and cinnamon the past two days as well. I LOVE it. I can’t wait until I can have my full scoop of shakeology and try it like that as well (I use my shakeology as a snack, so a snack serving size is 1/2 scoop). I’m missing being able to have my shakeology for breakfast, but, it’s only a few more days. I drank this while I was meal prepping and also making supper for the rest of the family.

For supper I had red kidney beans and brown rice, 1c steamed zucchini and 1c steamed green beans. I made the family chicken fajitas. My husband and kiddos have been asking for them for a while, so, they enjoyed those and I enjoyed my supper. I won’t lie, the chicken smelled super delicious, but, again, it’s only a few more days 🙂 (I never got a photo, but, I mean, it’s rice, beans and veggies, haha)

Another major thing I’ve noticed, as well, is that food tastes good without having to season it with salt and pepper and all of these spices. I made brown rice with just water and rice. Usually, I add goya, or sazon (when I want to make yellow rice) and a little EVOO. The brown rice and red beans I made yesterday with just a little liquid aminos, super yummy. That’s a major thing I will be changing when I go back to eating my 21 day fix containers. No more unnecessary seasoning of my foods. They taste good without it. The steamed zucchini and green beans I had last night had nothing but just water to steam in the microwave and they tasted so crisp and delicious. I know, I know, it sounds nuts, but it’s true!

I’m hoping that I can get into a better routine with updating my blog. I enjoy writing and enjoy getting things off my chest and I’m sure my Facebook friends enjoy a break from me posting all of the time, 😉 but, it’s my Facebook and I’ll post if I want to, haha. Life just gets in the way and before you know it, it’s the next day and time to tackle the world again.

Tonight, Kenny is working a shut down, which means overtime, which means I won’t see him for a while, so tonight I’ll be able to blog about today’s recipes and feelings and whatnot.

I’ll leave y’all with some progress photos. While the progress doesn’t look like much, the way I am feeling makes up for it. Then again, it’s only been one week and I’ve got two weeks left to go.  I’m proud of myself for doing this and not quitting. I’m proud of myself for realizing that I am worth it to become healthy. I’m trying to make 2017 a healthy year for me. Why not start it out with a detox and cleanse?


The top three photos were taken on 1/11/17. The bottom three were taken yesterday (although, I already drank 38oz of water by this time, lol). I am down 4 pounds and 2 inches in my waist. Like I said, not a lot, and that’s okay. I already eat pretty healthy anyway, so I’m not looking too much to lose weight as much as I am trying to pin-point allergy triggers.

I’m trying to get used to the idea of taking these photos and actually sharing them. But, I need to put myself out there. I want others to realize that these photos show what a lot of moms PP bodies look like – stretch marks, extra fluff, (a mess toddler room, lol), and progression. I’m proud of where I’ve come (so far) and can’t wait to see what happens after the entire process is over.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s